Thursday, September 1, 2011

Calgon, take me away!

It's been one of those weeks! First day of classes, getting used to the new schedule, major deadlines coming up next week, and really, just too much to do in too little time. I'm feeling the stress. Even worse, I've been feeling the stress for a long time now.

A very wise friend once told me, in relation to changing jobs and moving on to something different, that you need to get out before you have to. I'm feeling in that position right now, sadly. There are so many aspects of my job that I love, but more and more I realize that it's not what I want to do forever. Not only do I not want to be part of the rat race stress, but I want to be able to enjoy my family while I can. This is a large part of what has brought P-daddy and I to the decision that a move out of the country would be a good choice for us. Not only would it be less expensive in terms of retirement, etc, but the pace of life would allow for more enjoyment now, when we really want to enjoy Pooh's childhood.

This doesn't mean we are packing up and moving today, as there are still tons of things to do before them. Here are just a few:
- Find a way to make money to live on
- Find a way to make money to save
- Decide where to live
- Decide where to send Pooh to school
- Decide what to do about our home here
- Pack up/sell/donate things we don't want to take with us
- Figure out how to take our household items with us
- Adopt Piglet (as of yet unknown to us, but we'd like a second child)

The list could go on and on and on. Each of those things I'll likely be talking about in a lot more detail as time goes on. I figure, the more research I do now, the sooner we can make the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment