Thursday, May 17, 2012

A long time ago...

So it's been a really long time since I've posted on here! Lots of things were going on, including getting a new foster child, the semester really getting into full swing, and becoming a primary caregiver to my father several days a week after he was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately, that meant that blogging got pushed way to the bottom of my priority list. It did not, however, mean that our dream of expatriation changed. As a matter of fact, we are making some progress there...

About 10 years ago, when I was living in Guatemala, I had a friend who bought a hostel there and made it into a private residence. He and his wife have since returned to the US, and, knowing how much I loved visiting their place when they were in Guatemala, they approached us early this year about the possibility of buying it. P-Daddy and I have been discussing, investigating, and mulling it over, and while a decision has not been completely made as of yet, things are looking good!

As a matter of fact, this weekend we are headed out of town to meet up with these friends and discuss the idea in person. Then in August, P-Daddy and I are planning a week in Guatemala to really check it out. P-Daddy has never been to Guatemala, and I really think it's crucial that he visit before we make a firm decision. In addition, I have not spent a lot of time in the particular town where the home/hostel is located, and I want to see what the town is like these days as well.

So, with this development in mind, as well as with the successful ending of the school year, I am attempting to get my blogging shoes back on! Please be patient with me as I re-learn how to navigate this role!

No comments:

Post a Comment