Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Spanish Meet-Up Today!

I'm so excited about the plans I have for Pooh and I this afternoon! There's a Spanish language MeetUp group that I've been a member of for a while but have never been able to join for their events. When I first joined, they met on the might that I teach, and then with everything going on with my dad, things were too crazy this past semester to even consider it. But tomorrow, I'm finally going to go! I've already emailed the organizer, who said it's kid-friendly, so Pooh and I will make the trek over there tomorrow afternoon to join them for an afternoon of fun in Spanish.

Unfortunately, P-Daddy already committed to helping my sister and her husband with their house remodeling this weekend, but I guess this way I can see what the group is like and whether it's a good choice for beginners. P-Daddy's not sure he's ready for Spanish conversation, but if there are a few other beginners, I think he'd be fine with going.

Just in case you have no idea what I mean when I say MeetUp, I strongly encourage you to check it out! It's a great place to find events and people in your local community that fit your interests. (No, they didn't ask me to advertise, I just love the concept!)

No comments:

Post a Comment