Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a little about us

So, while I've been blogging here for a few weeks, I realized that I haven't really taken the time to talk about who we are. So I thought I'd tell you today a little about us. I'm Cindy and my husband is Patrick, though I generally refer to him as P-Daddy.

When we met, P-Daddy and I were both living in San Diego, CA. I was finishing my grad work, P-daddy had moved from New York to escape the rat race, and we lived just a few blocks from one another. Despite our physical proximity, we met in cyberspace. And not long thereafter, at Starbucks.

This is us, a month or so after we met:

We moved to Texas for my job within a year, and shortly thereafter, began training to become licensed foster parents. That was due to meeting and falling in love with this little guy:

The day we got our foster license in the mail, Alex came to live with us, and May 13, 2011, was our official Adoption Day. This is that day, a few hours after all the paperwork was signed:

So there you have it, if nothing else, at least some faces to put with our names.

No comments:

Post a Comment