Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Making my mornings work better

On our vacation in Guatemala, it was easy to get up early, especially at our lovely hotel in Panajachel.


Awakening to the sound of birds chirping and a view like that, what's not to love about mornings. Of course, it didn't hurt that we were an hour earlier than our home time zone either. Still, we were regularly waking up before 6am, feeling rested and relaxed and ready to start the day.

Now that we are home, mornings are much much harder! I'm not ready for the school year to begin, and I really just want to burrow down into my blankets and sleep a few more hours. Lucky for me, Crystal over at Money Saving Mom is starting a new challenge this week that fits my current situation to a T. It's called Make the Most of your Mornings: a 3-Week Challenge from MoneySavingMom.com.

It promises to be a great challenge, and I'm determined to successfully complete it and end up with a more effective morning routine. Today's challenge is to determine a realistic bedtime, which then allows for a non-exhausted morning. I've decided that mine will be 10pm. This realistically allows me to get up between 5 and 6 am, and still get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.

Our second task for the day is to determine 5 tasks that we need to complete the night before in order to relieve some of the morning stress. Here are mine:
1) Prepare clothes for the next day
2) Make the next day’s to-do list
3) Prep the next day’s lunch
4) Ready my school bag
5) Leave my computer and phone charging
We'll see how it goes, but for now, I've at least got a good start on this first real day of the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment