Thursday, May 24, 2012

My favorite summer dessert

As I noted on Monday, I'm trying to get back in shape. That means no more sneaking bowls of ice cream after P-Daddy and Pooh have gone to bed. Instead, I'm finding myself loving this easy berry parfait, which I consider to be both delicious and healthy:

Easy Berry Parfait
1 32-oz container of plain or vanilla yogurt (or make your own)
3 cups of fresh or frozen berries
1 box of granola or Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal (I use the Aldi alternative)

Layer the three ingredients in a large glass bowl, using about 1/3 of each for each layer. Repeat until all ingredients are gone. You could also make these in parfait dishes or even just in glasses, but for a big batch, one large bowl is the easiest choice. It'll keep in the fridge, but the cereal/granola will get a little soggy, so if you won't eat it quickly, smaller batches might be better.


Life as Mom hosts the Ultimate Recipe Swap on Thursdays, and this week the theme is berries. It's the perfect time to check out some new recipes!

1 comment: