Monday, May 21, 2012

Get Moving Monday

I can't speak for anyone else, but stress is never good for my health and weight. When I get busy and stressed, my focus on exercise and eating well is often the first thing to move down to the bottom of the priority list. But I'm trying to get back in shape, lose about 10 pounds, and most importantly, get ready to climb the 90 steps (yes, I said NINETY!) up to the house on The Property. I don't want to embarrass myself (or more importantly, P-Daddy) by having to stop halfway up and rest! So in preparation, I need to get moving! This week, here's my plan:
- walk Pooh to daycare at least 3 days
- work out at the Y at least 3 days
Pooh's daycare is about a mile away from our house, so each of those days will be a 3-mile roundtrip, giving me 6 miles if I do it 3 times. In all honesty, I'd like to do it everyday, but I'm trying to be realistic here. I'm also being realistic about going to the Y. Pooh loves to play in the pool, and as soon as the pool opens we'll be there every day if he has his choice. But this will be our first week at the Y, so I'll hope for more but set my goal at just getting there several times! How about you? How are you getting moving today?

No comments:

Post a Comment